If you are using the MechanicAdvisor Connection Key telematics device, you have the ability to look at vehicle information right in your shop manager. If the customer is currently connected with the vehicle running, you can view live gauge information remotely.
First, make sure you are logged in to your Shop Manager portal.
- From the dashboard, scroll down and click on "Customers with an Active Check Engine Light".
- This will show you when the engine light was triggered, customer name, and vehicle in question. If you hover you mouse over the details section, PID's will be displayed.
- Click the menu underneath "Actions", then click "Diagnostics"
- You will be brought to the DTC Codes list, which is includes current and non-present codes.
- Click on "Readiness" at the top to see Pass/Fail data.
- Click on "Snapshot" to view freeze frame data.
- Click on "Gauges" to view gauge data in real time (if connected).
- To see list of customers with connected devices, click on "CUSTOMERS" from the menu on left, then sort by "DEVICE". Colors indicate engine light status.